Summer internship program of IIT Goa is designed to provide hands on research experience
to motivated students in a highly qualified academic setting. The duration of the program
can vary from 6 weeks to 10 weeks, depending on the availability of the faculty and
students. All students pursuing relevant Bachelors/Masters program are eligible to apply.
Deadline : 27 March 2019
Results will be announced on 5 April 2019
Procedure to apply and some important points are as follows:
- All interested students must fill the online application form
Webpages of the IIT Goa faculties provide a clear idea of available
research areas of each department. These details should be used to fill “Preferred
research areas” in the application form.
- After the deadline, faculty members of the each department will scrutinize all
applications and will select the interns. At the time of selection, a faculty supervisor
will be allocated to each student.
- Students can discuss the exact duration of the internship with the supervisor. It is
expected that each student spends at least 6 weeks in the institute.
- IIT Goa will not provide any stipend to summer interns, and it will not charge any fee
for the same.
- Hostel and mess facilities will be provided to summer students on a sharing basis,
and the interns should bear the expenses.
- All summer students who will stay in hostel must avail mess facilities.
- Before arrival, students must pay the hostel and mess fee. Further details on this will
be communicated to selected students.
- Upon arrival, all students should submit a Bonafide certificate in original, and two
passport size photographs to the academic office.
- The academic office will issue a temporary ID card to summer students, which is
mandatory to enter the library and refer books. Library will not issue books to
- IIT Goa lab facilities will be available for internship related work
- No medical facilities will be provided to summer students.
- On completion of the project, the student is expected to submit a project
completion form from the supervisor. Upon the receipt of this form, the academic
office will issue a certification to the student.
For any other queries, send an email to email@example.com