The School of Chemical and Materials Science is interested in working in the following areas.
- Possible replacement of Lithium-ion Batteries
- Novel Cathode material for Lithium-ion Batteries
- Construction of Vanadium Ion Flow Batteries
- Production of Hydrogen using Electro chemical and Photoelectrochemical routes
Functionalized Nanostructured Materials
- Synthesis, Characterization, and Applications of various Functionalized Nanostructured Materials
- 2D materials: MXenes, Graphene derivatives, MoS2
- Materials: Gold and Silver Nanoparticles, Iron Oxide Nanoparticles, SnO2
- Applications in Biology (Cell and Bacteria Culture)
- Applications in Energy Storage Devices (Battery and Supercapacitor)
CO2 Capture and Conversion
- Conversion of CO2 into Solid and Liquid hydrocarbons
- Understanding Electrochemistry of CO2
- Improvements in CO2 Capture techniques
Please visit the individual faculty profile for more details.