Honours and Recognitions
Dr. Santosh Kumar has been appointed as an Associate Editor of the Quantum Optics section of the journal Frontiers in Photonics
1. Research seminar on “Unconventional Materials that do more with Light” by Prof. Dinesh Kabra, IIT Bombay, 3rd July 2023
2. Institute lecture on “Emergence of Quantum technology and quantum computation” by Prof. Prasanta K. Panigrahi, Director, IISER Kolkata, 17th February 2023
3. Institute lecture on “Recreating Big Bang matter in the Large Hadron Collider at CERN” by Tapan Nayak, CERN, Geneva, 30th January 2023
4. Research seminar on “Flavor physics: past, present and future” by Dr. Rusa Mondal, IIT Gandhinagar, 13th January 2023
5. Research seminar on “Heavy Quark Transport inside a magnetized thermal medium” by Dr. Surasree Mazumder, IIT Gandhinagar, 5th August 2022
6. Research seminar on “CP violation and leptogensis : Low energy probes of Cosmology and unification” by Prof. U. Yajnik, IIT Bombay, 20th December, 2021
7. Webinar on “On The Origin of the Phenomenological Tsallis Distributions & their Applications in High-Energy Collision Physic” by Dr. Trambak Bhattachary, Joint Institute for Nuclear Research (JINR), Dubna, 24th December, 2020
8. Webinar on “Manipulation of Topological Magnetic States in Noncollinear Magnets” by Dr. Ajay Kumar Nayak, NISER Bhubaneswar, 20th November 2020.
9. Webinar on ” Extreme-matter under the strongest magnetic fields in the universe ” by Dr. Victor Roy, NISER, Bhubaneswar, 14th August, 2020
10. Webinar on “ An introduction to Glasma and the early stage of high energy nuclear collisions” by Prof. Marco Ruggieri, Lanzhou University, Lanzhou, China, 29th July 2020.
11. Research seminar on “Electronic structure of low dimensional materials” by Dr. Hrishit Banerjee, Institut für Theoretische Physik – Computational Physics, Technische Universität, Graz, Austria, 22nd January 2020.
12. Special class room section: “Beyond the conventional DFT: Life with U” and research seminar on “Understanding & Prediction: Quantum Materials via Modeling & Computation” by Prof. Tanusri Saha-Dasgupta, S. N Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences and Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science, Kolkata, 08-10 January 2020.
13. Seminar on ” Unscrambling entanglement through a complex medium” by Prof. Mehul Malik, Heriot-Watt University Edinburgh, UK, 13 Dec. 2019
14. Special class room section: “QCD and asymptotic freedom” by Prof. Jan-e Alam, Variable Energy Cyclotron Centre, Kolkata, 30 September – 5 October, 2019
15. Seminar on “Hot QCD matter–the hottest and most fluid liquid in the universe”, by Dr. Vinod Chandra, IIT Gandhinagar. 22nd February 2019.
16. Seminar on “In Search of Spin Liquid: An Insight from Microscopic Experiments” by Dr. Mayukh Majumder, Center for Electron Correlation and Magnetism, University of Augsburg, Germany. 25th January 2019.
17. Seminar on “ Matter under extreme conditions” by Prof. Hiranmaya Mishra, Chairman of Theoretical Physics Division, Physical Research Laboratory Ahmedabad, 13th November 2018.
1. Conference on Hot QCD Matter-2022, 12-14 May 2022, jointly organized by the School of Physical Sciences, Indian Institute of Technology Goa & School of Physical and Applied Sciences, Goa University.
2. National Symposium on Recent Trends in Condensed Matter Physics and Materials Science (CMPGoa2020), 12-13th March 2020 jointly with Physics Department, Goa University.
3. SERB School on “Advanced Functional Materials at Nano and Atomic Scale” during 10-28th February 2020.
4. Goa Physics Meet-2020, 25th January, 2020, School of Physical Sciences, IIT Goa.
Invited Talks/ Presentations
1. Dr. Santosh Kumar Das,Invited talk on ” Heavy quark diffusion in hot QCD matter“, Vienna University of Technology, Vienna, Austria, 21-24 May 2023
2. Dr. Santosh Kumar Das,Invited talk on ” Open heavy flavour: Theory“, Hard Probes 2023, March 26-31, 2023, Aschaffenburg, Germany
3. Dr. Santosh Kumar Das,Invited talk on “Heavy quark thermalization in QGP“, HHHPCS 2023, March 24-25, 2023, IIT Gandhinagar
4. Dr. Santosh Kumar Das,Invited talk on “Heavy quark dynamics in heavy-ion collisions“, ICPAQGP, February 6-10, 2023, Puri, Odisha
5. Dr. Santosh Kumar Das,Invited talk on “Heavy quark dynamics in QCD matter“, CETHENP, November 15-17, 2022, VECC, Kolkata
6. Dr. Santosh Kumar Das,Invited talk (online) on ” Heavy Quark Diffusion in the Hot QCD Matter,“, HIPSTARS, Cuba, Oct 24-28, 2022
7. Dr. Santosh Kumar Das,Invited talk (online) on ” Heavy quark thermalization (theory),“, HF-WINC 2022, 14-16 July 2022, Torino, Italy
8. Dr. Santosh Kumar Das,Invited talk (online) on ” Matter under extreme conditions“, GIET University, Gunupur, Odisha, January 18, 2022
9. Dr. Santosh Kumar Das,Invited talk (online) on ” Theory overview on open HF, Exploring High-muB Matter with Rare Probes“, 11-15, October, 2021, ECT*, Italy
10. Dr. Santosh Kumar Das,Invited talk (online) on ” Matter under extreme conditions“, Annual Faculty Development Programme, Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology, Bhubaneswar, June 24, 2021
11. Dr. Santosh Kumar Das, Invited talk on ” Heavy quark diffusion in QGP“, Workshop: Heavy-Flavor Transport in QCD matter, 26-30th April, 2021, ECT*, Trento, Italy
12. Dr. Santosh Kumar Das, Invited talk on ” Heavy quark dynamics at RHIC and LHC“, Workshop: Extreme Nonequilibrium QCD (Online), 5-9th October, 2020, ICTS, Bangalore
13. Dr. Santosh Kumar Das, Invited “Free meson seminal” on Heavy quark dynamics in QCD matter , TIFR, Mumbai, 4th June, 2020 (Online)
14. Dr. Sudipta Kanungo, Invited Lecture on “Modelling of Magnetism in the Density Functional Theory”, in the Winter School on Electronic Structure and Molecular Dynamics Simulation, organized by Parvatibai Chowgule College and Kathmandu University, Nepal. 27th September – 4th October 2020.
15. Dr. Sudipta Kanungo, Invited talk (webinar) on “Exploring universal phenomenon in different energy scales: materials for the decades”, Adamas University, Kolkata, 12th June 2020.
16. Dr. Santosh Kumar Das, Invited talk on “Impact of pre-equilibrium phase on heavy quark observables”, Academic visit, 16-23 February, 2020, University of Catania, Italy.
17. Dr. Santosh Kumar, Lecture 1: 10-28 Feb. 2020, SERB School at IIT Goa
18. Dr. Santosh Kumar, Lecture 2: 10-28 Feb. 2020, SERB School at IIT Goa
19. Dr. Sudipta Kanungo, Invited lecture on “Quantum Materials Modeling via first-principles electronic structure calculations”, 10-28 Feb. 2020, SERB School at IIT Goa.
20. Dr. Sudipta Kanungo, Invited talk on “Tale of exotic magnetism of Os double-perovskite: interplay of spin, lattice & orbitals”,in the International conference on Dynamics in Functional Materials, organized by Uppsala University, Sweden, Goa, February 2020.
21. Dr. Sudipta Kanungo, Invited talk on “Exploring universal phenomenon in different energy scales: materials for the decades”, Chief guest lecture on Science Day, Parvatibai Chowgule College, Margao, Goa, 6th February 2020.
22. Dr. Santosh K Das, Invited talk on “Probing the QCD matter produced in heavy-ion scattering”, Academic visit, 9- 12 January, 2020, IMSc, Chennai.
23. Dr. Sudipta Kanungo, Invited Talk “Quantum Magnetism : Materials to model”, Goa Physics Meet, 25th January, 2020.
24. Dr. Santosh K. Das, Heavy quark dynamics in Glasma, Academic visit, 11-21, December, 2019, Lanzhou University, China (invited talk)
25. Dr. Sudipta Kanungo, Invited talk on “Tale of Iridates: Competing energy scales driven emerging phases”,Young Investigator Meet on Quantum Condensed Matter Theory, SNBNCBS, Dec-2019.
26. Dr. Sudipta Kanungo, Invited talk on “Tale of Iridates: Competing energy scales driven emerging phases”, in the international Conference on Condensed Matter Physics, Institute of Engineering and Management (IEM), Kolkata, November 2019.
27. Dr. Santosh Kumar, Invited talk: 2D Materials: An intriguing nanophotonics platform, One day Workshop at CSIR: AMPRI Bhopal, 28 Sept. 2019
28. Dr. Santosh K Das, Invited talk: Probing the QGP by heavy quarks, Dynamics of QCD matter-2019, NISER, Bhubaneswar, 15-17, August, 2019 ,
29. Dr. Santosh K Das, Probing the QCD matter produced in small system, Academic Visit, 16-30 June, 2019, Lanzhou University, China (invited talk)
30. Dr. Sudipta Kanungo, Invited talk on “Material modeling through ab-initio electronic structure calculations”, Forum on Quantum Materials meeting, NISER-Bhubaneswar, May 2019.
31. Dr. Sudipta Kanungo, Invited talk on “Novel electronic phase due to breakdown of strong spin-orbit coupling in Iridates” in the 2nd Annual Meeting on Physics of Strongly Correlated Electronic Systems, IIT Delhi, 2019 (Invited Talk).
32. Dr. Sudipta Kanungo, Invited talk on “Surprise trend in magnetic transition temperature in the Os based double-perovskites” in the International Conference on Magnetic Materials and Application, NISER-Bhubaneswar, 2018.
33. Dr. Sudipta Kanungo, Invited talk: “Interplay of spin, lattice and orbital leads to exotic magnetism in 5d oxides: microscopic insights from first principles calculations”, in the Bose-Tagore National Advanced Workshop on – Recent Advances in Condensed Matter Physics: Theory and Experiment, Visva-Bharati University, Santiniketan, West Bengal, August 2018.