|Course Code||ME 346|
|Course Name||Heat Transfer|
|Reference||1. Fundamentals of Heat and Mass Transfer, Frank P. Incropera, David P. Dewitt, Theodore L. Bergman, Adrienne S. Lavine, 7 th edition , John Wiley & Sons.
2. A textbook on heat transfer, S. P. Sukhatme, 4 th edition, Universities Press.
3. Heat transfer, J. P. Holman, 8 th edition, McGraw hill.
2. Conduction: 1-D conduction, fins, 1-D transient conduction, 2-D conduction.
3. Convection: Introduction, Review of fluid mechanics Forced convection: single phase forced convection, governing equations, flow through a tube, boundary layer over a flat plate, flow across a cylinder, correlations Natural convection: single phase natural convection, vertical flat plate, horizontal cylinders, horizontal plates, correlations
4. Radiation: Basic laws, properties of surfaces, heat transfer between bodies, view factors.
5. Heat Exchanger: Introduction, classifications of heat transfer, overall heat transfer coefficient, fouling factor, temperature distributions in various types of heat exchangers using LMTD method, the effectiveness-NTU method
6. Condensation and Boiling Condensation: Dropwise and film condensation, film condensation on a vertical plate, condensations on horizontal tubes Boiling: Types of boiling, pool boiling curve, correlations in saturated pool boiling.