|Course Code||EE 228|
|Course Name||Electrical Machines|
|Reference||1. Stephen J. Chapman, Electric Machinery Fundamentals, McGraw - Hill Education, 2017.
2. A. E. Fitzgerald, Charles Kingsley Jr. and Stephen D. Umans, Electric Machinery, McGraw Hill Education, 2017.
3. R. Krishnan, Permanent Magnet Synchronous and Brushless DC Motor Drives, CRC Press, 2019.
4. M. G. Say, The Performance and Design of Alternating Current Machines, CBS, 2005.
5. Duane C. Hansleman, Brushless Permanent-Magnet Motor Design, McGraw – Hill Education, 1994.
6. S. K. Pillai, A first course on Electrical Drives, New Age International Publishers, 2012
|Description||Operating principles of transformers, dc, induction and synchronous machines. Operating characteristics and speed control of dc and ac machines. Constructional features of ac and dc machines, and introduction to their design. Introduction to permanent magnet and reluctance machine topologies. Dynamics of electric drives and electric braking.|