EE-101 : Introduction to Electrical and Electronic Circuits (Electrical Part)
EE-100 : Introduction to Profession
EE-656 : Electrical Machine Analysis and Control
EE-222 : Electrical Machines
EE-234 : Electrical Machines Laboratory
EE-225 : Network Theory
Areas of Research
Design and finite-element modelling of electrical machines, motors for renewable energy and electric vehicle applications, permanent magnet motor drives, Motors for aircraft and marine applications.
- Ph.D., Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (July 2012 - February 2017)
Thesis Title: Investigations on Ferrite Permanent Magnet Motors for Deep Bore-Well Submersible Water Pumps
Supervisor: Prof. B. G. Fernandes, Department of Electrical Engineering, IIT Bombay
- Assistant Professor - School of Electrical Sciences, IIT Goa
(07/2018 - present)
- Project Research Scientist - Electrical Engineering Department, IIT Bombay
(06/2017 - 07/2018)
- Research Associate - Electrical Engineering Department, IIT Bombay
(12/2016 - 05/2017)
- Senior Research Assistant - National Centre for Photovoltaic Research and Education, IIT Bombay
(02/2012 - 07/2012)
- Project Research Assistant - Andhra University-Naval Science and Technological Lab. (Joint Project) , DRDO, Visakhapatnam
(10/2011 - 01/2012)
- S. Sashidhar, V. Guru Prasad and B. G. Fernandes, "A Single-Stage Sensorless Control of a PV based Bore-Well Submersible BLDC Motor," IEEE Journal of Emerging and Selected Topics in Power Electronics, vol. 7,no. 2, pp. 1173-1180, June 2019.
- S. Sashidhar and B. G. Fernandes, "A Novel Ferrite SMDS Spoke-Type BLDC Motor for PV Borewell Submersible Water Pumps," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 64, no. 1, pp. 104-114, Jan 2017.
- S. Sashidhar and B. G. Fernandes, "Braking Torque due to Cross-Magnetization in Unsaturated IPM Machines and its Mitigation," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, vol. 53, no. 1, pp. 1-9, Jan 2017.
- Anupam Sharma and S. Sashidhar, "Comparison of Wind Turbine Generators for Roof-top Wind Power: Case Study, Issues and Challenges", accepted in 33rd IEEE Region 10 International Conference TENCON 2019, Kochi, 2019.
- Nithin Goona, P.S. Reddy and S. Sashidhar, "Effect of Magnetisation of Bulk Superconductors on Permanent Magnets for Reversible Braking Applications", accepted in 11th International Workshop on Processing and Applications of Superconducting (RE)BCO Materials (PASREG 2019), Prague, 2019.
- S. Sashidhar, Silba Mathew and B. G. Fernandes, "Novel Toroidal Winding for Efficiency improvement of a Line-Start Induction Motor," in Proc. of 44th Annual IEEE Industrial Electronics Society IECON Conf., Washington D.C., Dec 2018, pp 607-612.
- Srinivas Baka, S. Sashidhar and B. G. Fernandes, "Design and Optimization of a 2-Pole Line-Start Ferrite assisted Synchronous Reluctance Motor for a Downhole Pump," in Proc. of 23rd Electrical Machines International Conf.(ICEM), Greece, Oct 2018, pp. 131-137.
- Srinivas Baka, S. Sashidhar and B. G. Fernandes, "Multi-Barrier Two-Pole Line-Start Synchronous Reluctance Motor with High Saliency for a Bore-Well Submersible Pump," in Proc. of 19 th Annual IEEE-IES Industrial Technology International Conf., Lyon, Mar 2018, pp. 475-480.
- Srinivas Baka, S. Sashidhar and B. G. Fernandes, "Effect of Flux Barrier Shape on the Performance of a Two-Pole Line-Start Synchronous Reluctance Motor," in Proc. of IEEE Power Electronics, Drives and Energy Systems (PEDES) International Conf., Chennai, Dec 2018, pp. 1-6.
- S. Sashidhar and B. G. Fernandes, "Comparison of a ferrite based single, three-phase spoke and surface permanent magnet BLDC motor for a PV submersible water pump," in Proc. of 16th Annual IEEE-IES Industrial Technology International Conf., Seville, Mar 2015, pp. 671-676.
- S. Sashidhar and B. G. Fernandes, "Optimal Design of Photovoltaic based Submersible Permanent Magnet BLDC Motor Using FEM," in Proc. of 41st Annual IEEE Industrial Electronics Society IECON Conf., Yokohama, Nov 2015,pp. 5241-5246.
- S. Sashidhar and B. G. Fernandes, "A Low-Cost Semi-Modular Dual-Stack PM BLDC Motor for a PV based Bore-well Submersible Pump," in Proc. of 21st Electrical Machines International Conf., Berlin, Sept 2014, pp. 24-30.
- S. Sashidhar and B. G. Fernandes, "A Multi-physics Approach for the Design of Bore-well Submersible Spoke-Type BLDC Motor," in Proc. of 40th Annual IEEE Industrial Electronics Society IECON Conf., Dallas, Oct 2014, pp. 330-336.
- S. Sashidhar and P. Mallikarjuna Rao, "An ER-Diagram based classification for CAD of brushless PM Motor design parameters," in Proc. of National Conference on Contemporary Control, Visakhapatnam, May 2012, pp. 14-18.
- S. Sashidhar and B. G. Fernandes, "Semi-Modular Submersible Brushless dc Motor," Indian Patent Application No. 201821010872.
- S. Sashidhar, Silba Mathew and B. G. Fernandes, "Motor System and Winding for an Electric Motor," Indian Patent Application No. 201821010167.
Recognition and Awards
- Best Technical Presentation Recognition From IEEE Industrial Electronics Society, IECON 2014, Dallas, USA
- IES Student Travel Grant, IEEE Industrial Electronics Society, IECON 2014, Dallas, USA