CS 348 : Computer Networks
CS 378 : Computer Networks Lab
Areas of Research
Logic, Descriptive complexity, Automata theory, Algebraic Automata theory
- PhD in Theoretical Computer Science at Institute of Mathematical Sciences(IMSc), Chennai from August 2007 to September 2013
Advisor: Prof. Kamal Lodaya
Thesis: Regular Quantifiers in Logics
- MTech in Computer Science, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Madras from August 2005 to May 2007
- BTech in Computer Science, College of Engineering, Thiruvananthapuram from August 2000 to June 2004
- One semester course titled "Verification" for Graduate and Undergraduate students in Wilhelm-Schickard-Institut für Informatik, University of Tübingen, Germany
- Currently teaching "Computer Networks course and lab" (CS 348 and CS 378)
- Sharing the course "Automata Theory" with Prof. Amaldev. (CS 310)
- Software Engineer, Infosys Technologies, India (August 2004 - July 2005)
- PostDoc at Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), Mumbai from September 2013 to March 2014
- PostDoc at Laboratoire d'Informatique Algorithmique: Fondements et Applications (LIAFA), Paris, France from April 2014 September 2015
- Visiting Faculty at Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI) from December 2015 to August 2016
- PostDoc at Institute of Informatics, University of Warsaw, Poland from September 2016 to September 2017
- Two-variable first order logic with counting quantifiers: Complexity Results, with Kamal Lodaya, DLT 2017.
- Two-variable logic over countable linear orderings, with Amaldev Manuel
- Limited Set quantifiers over Countable Linear Orderings
- Counting quantifiers and linear arithmetic on word models
- On lower bounds for multiplicative circuits and linear circuits in noncommutative domains, with V. Arvind and S. Raja, CSR, 2014.
- Non-definability of Languages by Generalized First-order Formulas over (N, +),
Expressive Completeness for LTL With Modulo Counting and Group Quantifiers, Electronic Notes in Theoretical Computer Science (ENTCS), 2011
LTL can be more succinct, with Kamal Lodaya, ATVA 2010.
Recognition and Awards
- ACM India Doctoral Dissertation Award 2014: Honourable mention fordoctoral dissertation.